The Workshop is designed for pharmaceutical scientists, pharmacologists and other scientists, pharmacists, and physicians wishing to use pharmacokinetics in drug selection and development, drug protocol design, drug evaluation, drug registration and in the establishment of dosage regimens. Emphasis is placed on relating pharmacokinetics to underlying physiological processes. Only limited exposure to pharmacokinetics is assumed.
- The Workshop is divided into lectures and small group workshops, in which participants will solve practical problems.
- A manual, comprising lecture outlines, derivations, problem sets with answers, and additional reading material will be provided.
- Participants should come with a scientific hand calculator.
TOPICS COVERING BOTH SMALL MOLECULES AND PROTEINS INCLUDE
- Physiological aspects of drug absorption, distribution and elimination
- Clearance concepts in pharmacokinetics
- Assessment of pharmacokinetic parameters, from plasma and urine data, following intravenous bolus, constant rate infusion and extravascular (oral) administration
- Assessment of rate and extent of drug absorption; bioavailability
- Multiple dosing
- Integration of physiological concepts with pharmacokinetics
- Interspecies scaling
- Distribution kinetics: introduction to assessment of parameters and consequences in pharmacokinetics
- Pharmacological Response
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Register on or before 30th March to receive the Early bird rate of CHF4400. Registration after this date will be the full fee amount CHF4930.
STANDARD FEE REGISTRATION
Registration fee after Friday 30th March 2018 is CHF4930 Swiss Fr per person..
Registration places are limited. Early booking is recommended.
All fees must be paid in full within 20 working days as soon as you have received an email or a fax confirmation that a place has been reserved for you up until Friday 11th May 2018, and 14 workings days thereafter. In the event of cancellation of a place and provided that written notice is received prior to Friday 1st June 2018, a refund of 70% of the total fee will be made. Cancellation after that date will result in no refund. However, name substitutions could be accepted by fax or email seven days prior to the event.
LOCATION OF WORKSHOP
Waldhotel National Arosa, Switzerland, set in a mountain picturesque setting. The Hotel is well equipped, including sauna and indoor swimming pool. Weather permitting time will be available for walks and other activities. Further details can be obtained from http://www.waldhotel.ch.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
Accommodation will be available at the Waldhotel National, Arosa. The costs of accommodation and all meals are included in the Workshop.
Arosa is readily reached by car. For those coming by air or rail there are regular trains to Arosa from Zurich via Chur. Swiss Train timetable info available from www.rail.ch
Once you have successfully registered on the course, you will receive the bank transfer details in order to pay for your workshop attendance.
The 2018 Workshop starts at 1800 hrs Sunday 8th July 2018 and finishes at 1230 hrs Friday 13th July 2018.
The Workshop is limited to 60 applicants only. The Workshop will be in English. Ability to understand and converse in English is essential. A limited number of places, at a reduced fee, are available to academic persons. Further details are available upon request to email@example.com